Ensures Robust Communications with 50% Lower Power
MAX14819 delivers a fully-compliant IO-Link solution with integrated framer and L+ supply controllers
Designers of Industry 4.0 applications can now achieve robust communications and reduce power dissipation by 50% with the MAX14819 dual-channel, IO-Link master transceiver from Maxim Integrated Products, Inc.
Today’s fanless programmable logic controller (PLC) and IO-Link gateway systems must dissipate large amounts of power depending on IO configuration (IO-Link, digital input/output, analog input/output). As these PLCs evolve into new Industrial 4.0 smart factories, special attention must be considered to achieve smarter, faster, and lower power solutions while also meeting IO-Link and standard IO (SIO) compliance.
Maxim continues to provide a portfolio of advanced factory automation solutions that creates pathways toward achieving Industry 4.0. The unique architecture of the MAX14819 dissipates 50% less heat compared to other IO-Link Master solutions and is fully compatible in all modes for IO-Link and SIO compliance. Robust L+ supply controllers with settable current limiting and reverse voltage/current protection help ensure robust communications with the lowest power consumption. With just one microcontroller, the integrated framer/universal asynchronous receiver-transmitter (UART) enables the most scalable and cost-effective architecture while enabling the industry’s fastest cycle times (up to 400 microseconds) and reducing latency. The MAX14819 is available in a 48-pin (7mm x 7mm) TQFN package and operates over the -40-degree Celsius to +125-degree Celsius temperature range. Applications include IO-Link master systems and IO-Link gateways.
Click to see the nanoPower Boost Converter Demo
- Low Power Dissipation: Low on-resistance, low supply current, and optimized current limiter architecture for significantly lower power consumption
- High Performance: Integrated internal framer/UART enables the most flexible architecture while still achieving the fastest cycle times to achieve the lowest bill of materials (BOM) cost by eliminating the UART dependency from the microcontroller
- Robust: 65V absolute maximum ratings and reverse polarity protection help to meet full compliance with IO-Link (1.1.2) and SIO (IEC61131-2, IEC61131-9) modes; also operates with NPN type sensors
“Maxim’s experience with implementing IO-Link into their products brings a powerful presence in our efforts to further adopt this technology in the market,” said Mr. Shinichi Motoyoshi, Chairman of Japanese PROFIBUS Organization. “With the recent launch of Japan’s IO-Link community this past April and significant growth in this market, Maxim’s new product announcement is very timely.”
Availability and Pricing
- The MAX14819 is available for $6.03 (1000-up, FOB USA) at Maxim’s website and select authorized distributors. An evaluation kit is available for $99: MAX14819EVKIT
- The MAXREFDES145# reference design is available: https://www.maximintegrated.com/products/MAXREFDES145
- Find more information about MAX14819: https://www.maximintegrated.com/products/MAX14819