Telit, a global enabler of the Internet of Things (IoT), has announced its official launch of Telit IoT University. Designed for IoT developers and integrators, Telit IoT University, which is part of the company’s IoT Know How suite of services, will teach customers and partners how to succeed in launching IoT solutions that deliver measurable business outcomes.
It is located at the Telit IoT Platforms division in Boca Raton, Florida, and features a broad curriculum, including courses and hands-on labs co-developed by Telit and Florida Atlantic University’s Institute for Sensing and Embedded Network Systems Engineering (I-SENSE). This education-focused initiative is an expansion of the company’s original deviceWISE University program, and includes an innovation and design lab that showcases Telit deviceWISE Ready partner applications and gives students experience with a variety of hardware components required for a successful IoT deployment.
“Telit IoT University helps companies accelerate their IoT projects from idea to completion by providing the necessary tools and easy access to Telit’s IoT ecosystem and developer resources,” said Fred Yentz, CEO, Telit IoT Platforms. “Leading companies immediately apply what they learn at Telit IoT University to launch innovative products and services and improve operational efficiencies to capitalize on the full potential of today’s digital transformation.”
Courses, which are taught monthly, provide hands-on experience to help students start prototyping an IoT solution. Customers may also request on-site training at their location.
Telit IoT University courses include:
- IoT for Developers: Teaches students how to connect “things” to “apps” by exploring multiple transportation types and methods while learning how to use the management portal.
- IoT for Integrators: Introduces and reinforces the critical tasks involved with designing, launching, integrating and maintaining an enterprise IoT solution.
- IoT Immersion: A combination of IoT for Developers and IoT for Integrators, this course teaches students how to integrate devices with back-end applications and includes a comprehensive final project aimed at solving a real-world scenario.
- Industrial IoT for Integrators: Designed for manufacturers, this course teaches attendees how to acquire, send and transfer bi-directional information between PLCs and ERP applications.
- IoT Sales & Marketing Essentials: Provides a high-level overview of IoT concepts, use cases and IoT solutions.
- IoT Operations & Administration: Gives the technician or engineer tasked with the administration of an IoT solution the skills to maintain the system.
To learn more or register for a course, visit TelitIoTUniversity.com.