The 10th edition of WIN INDIA, India’s leading trade fair for manufacturing, logistics, warehousing, factory automation and heavy engineering, commenced at the MMRDA Grounds, Bandra – Kurla Complex, Mumbai on 1st December 2016. WIN INDIA, consisting of three trade fairs – CeMAT INDIA, Industrial Automation INDIA (IA India) and Motion Drive & Automation India (MDA India), is jointly organized by Hannover Milano Fairs India Pvt Ltd, Department of Heavy Industry and FICCI. The three trade fairs brought together internationally renowned exhibitors, manufacturers, industry stakeholders, policy makers, and the end users.
The exhibition was inaugurated by Subhash Desai, Honorable Industries Minister, Government of Maharashtra, Girish Shankar, Secretary, Department of Heavy Industry, Marc Siemering, Sr. Vice President, Deutshce Messe AG, Didar Singh, Secretary General, FICCI and Mehul Lanvers Shah, Managing Director, Hannover Milano Fairs India.
“The national manufacturing policy aims to provide 100 million jobs, out of which 25% new jobs will be hi-tech and the remaining 75% will be medium tech. Currently 80% of the present jobs are low tech and in the capital goods sector alone, we have the challenge of training an additional 5 million into medium and hi-tech skill sets.
For this we have set up the Capital Goods Skill Development Council which provides the framework and skill standards for these jobs. Under the new capital goods scheme, we are going to set up 5 mega skill training centres in the 5 regions of the country which will provide the necessary knowledge content. The Council enlists and certifies training institutions which are being proposed on an entrepreneurship model, and in some cases DHI will also provide grants to create training capacities. This should create the framework to substantially share the load to train 5 million workers in the next 5 years”, said Shri. Girish Shankar, Secretary, Department of Heavy Industry.
The key highlights of the three trade fairs include FICCI-DHI CEO Roundtable on “Automation and Job Creation”, an Intralogistics Conference comprising of a keynote on Smart, Connected, Agile – Strategic Impact of Intralogistics 4.0, a panel discussion on Supply Chain in Digital World and a special address on How ASEAN & China will shape our Supply Chain.
The keynote covered the challenges and solutions in Telematics & Fleet Management, Automation, E-Commerce, Energy Conservation and IIOT and their application in Intralogistics while the panel discussion explored the future direction of supply chains in a connected world and provided an overview of solutions that will leverage the technological innovations. The major focus in the special address was on the initiatives proposed by China – ‘Silk Road Economic Belt’ (SREB) and ‘ Maritime Silk Road’ (MSR) and how these initiatives have the ability to re-define the Indian Company.
Other key highlights of the trade fairs included a 2nd edition of the Automatic Training Zone which was organized in association of the Automatic Industry Association and a CEO Conclave which was organized by the Fluid Power Society of India. The Training Zone has programs which will address topics like ‘Enhancement’ in manufacturing. A special session was held on ‘Demand Generation & Challenges of Capital Goods Sector’. This session focused on Schemes by Department of Heavy Industry including schemes on Skill Development and Opportunities for Capital Goods in Railways. ‘IPF Industry Excellence Awards’, an awards ceremony was organized by ASAPP Media where in the Award was awarded to ‘Industrial Products Finder.
Mr. Mehul Lanvers Shah, Managing Director, Hannover Milano Fairs India, said, “We are proud to present the 10th edition of WIN INDIA and are happy to see a great response in terms of visitors, buyers, exhibitors, delegates and key dignitaries. The first day saw an overwhelming footfall which has surpassed our expectations at the much anticipated Intralogistics Conference and the Automation Training Zone.”
Some of the top exhibitors at the three trade fairs included Jungheinrich Lift Truck India,Nash Robotics & Automation Private Limited, Su-Mech Storage Systems , Grey Orange Robotics, Robert Bosch Engineering and Business Solutions , Larsen& Toubro Ltd., FESTO India, Godrej & Boyce Mfg. Co., Mahindra Logistics etc. The trade fairs also saw participation from 10 countries like Germany, China, Italy, India, Netherlands, South Korea, Spain, Taiwan, UAE and USA.
The next two days at the trade fairs will have highlights like MDA Forum on ‘Industry 4.0 in Manufacturing and Skilling in Engineering Industry’ which will be organized by VDMA (German Engineering Federation), the Intralogistics Conference and the Automation Training Zone will continue in the next two days. A Masterclass Seminar on ‘Harmonizing Warehouse Ecosystem for Maximizing Efficiency’ will be held on Day 3 by Mr. Arif Siddiqui.