Edimax Technology, a leading provider of premier networking solutions, introduces WAP 1200 – 2 x 2 AC Dual-Band Wall-Mount PoE Access Point with high speed robust wireless solution to meet the needs of modern SMBs/Enterprises. Featuring the latest IEEE 802.11ac technology, this AP wireless speeds up to 1200Mbps and 2.4GHz & 5GHz dual-band Wi-Fi along with high-density capacity to support up to a hundred users simultaneously.
According to the recent research by Markets and Markets, global Wi-Fi market is projected to reach USD 33.6 Billion by 2020, at a CAGR of 17.8% during this forecast period.
“When performance and security are critical for your business, you need products that are designed for your specific industry requirements. At Edimax we understand the various pain points our customers face, be it, hospitality, education, enterpriser or corporate sector. To address such needs, we always come up with reliable solutions which significantly improve their business productivity and support the increasing BYOD trend with seamless roaming of BYOD clients. The WAP 1200 is specially designed to help SMBs& Enterprise, to take advantage of the enterprise grade features at affordable price points with enhanced performance,“said Sanjay Joshi, Country Manager (India & Sub-Continent) at Edimax Technology.
WAP1200 comes with fast roaming and wall-mount design with easy installation kit bundled It supports 32 SSIDs which can be configured for different departments or user groups and a built-in RADIUS server provides additional authentication with a scalable AP (NMS) array architecture for central management of multiple access points. It is ideal for crowded environments and BYOD workplaces by providing adjustable RF output power and high receiver sensitivity for wide coverage across large spaces. It also provides 1.5x greater coverage than typical APs for blanket coverage to ensure seamless connectivity and roams smoothly between APs without lag or interruption, ensuring top performance for video and voice streaming applications. Since network security is a critical concern, this APs can be fitted with robust security cover and lock SC1000-(optional accessory) which prevents AP from being tampered with or removed and restricting access to authorized persons only.
- 802.11AC Dual-Band High Speed
: IEEE 802.11ac concurrent dual-band with 1200Mbps wireless speed.
- Easy Installation: Wall-mount design with easy installation kit.
- Designed for High Density Usage: Supports up to a hundred users simultaneously, ideal for crowded environments and BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) workplaces.
- Multiple SSIDs for Security Management: Supports up to 32 SSIDs (16 x 2.4GHz & 16 x 5GHz) ideal for multiple departments, user groups, customers or guests.
- Fast Roaming: Roams smoothly between APs without lag or interruption, ensuring top performance for video and voice streaming applications.
- Wide Coverage & High Sensitivity: Adjustable RF output power and high receiver sensitivity for wide coverage across large spaces.
- Seamless Mobility: 1.5x greater coverage than typical APs for blanket coverage to ensure seamless connectivity for Wi-Fi devices across enterprise environments.
- Power over Ethernet: Supports IEEE 802.3 at PoE and included power adapter.
- Built-In RADIUS Server: With management for up to 256 user accounts.
- Business Environments: Suitable for a wide range of commercial applications such as offices, hotels, meeting rooms, schools, campuses, resorts, retail and others.
- Central Management: Edimax Pro Network Management Suite (NMS) , easy and Intuitive web-based central management suite, supports AP array architecture.
- Optional Security Cover: Prevents theft and tampering.