Developers of industrial, medical, and IoT products now have an added level of IP and device integrity protection with the DS28C36 DeepCover secure authenticator from Maxim Integrated.
With rampant product counterfeiting, unsafe reuse of medical accessories, and vulnerable network connected sensor nodes, companies recognize the need to integrate strong defenses into their products and systems. The DS28C36 provides a targeted set of asymmetric-key and symmetric-key cryptographic tools in a low cost and compact solution. Asymmetric public-key features are supported with the P256 based elliptic curve cryptography (ECC) algorithm and symmetric secret-key with SHA-256.
The DS28C36 provides two authenticated GPIO pins with optional secure state control and level sensing as well as a unique function to enhance secure download/boot features.The device also integrates sophisticated countermeasures to protectagainst invasive and noninvasive security attacks. End applications include bi-directional authentication, secure storage of system data (such as system crypto keys), verification of system-critical data, secure boot, and end product usage control. For applications where the host system microcontroller has insufficient computing resources for ECC algorithms or lacks required secure storage for a SHA-256 symmetric key, the DS2476 is a companion co-processor to the DS28C36.
- Prevent Counterfeits: Proven secure authentication functions stop cloning
- Securely Manage System Use/Features: Monitor/limit peripheral usage with authenticated EEPROM settings and a 17-bit decrement-only counter
- Ensures Data Integrity: Robust secure download/boot function combined with GPIO pins prevent malicious system attacks
- Safeguards Critical System Data: Stored sensitive data only accessible through encrypted R/W with a key established through a Diffie-Hellman (ECDH) based protocol
Availability and Pricing
- Samples, C-source code, and evaluation kits are available now
- Offered in a 3mm x 3mm TDFN package
- Operates across the -40-degree Celsius to +85-degree Celsius temperature range
- Pricing starts at $1.08 (1,000-up, FOB USA)
For more information visit: http://www.maximintegrated.com