ST showcases its latest technologies and products for the Internet of Things and Smart Driving at electronica India 2016
STMicroelectronics, a global semiconductor leader serving customers across the spectrum of electronics applications, is showcasing its latest technologies and products for Smart Driving, Smart Cities and Homes, and Smart Things at Electronica India in the Bangalore International Exhibition Center, Hall E2, Booth 2072, September 21-23, 2016.
ST’s Smart Driving solutions focus on increasing safety and security with Assisted Driving, enhancing engine efficiency and accelerating vehicle electrification with Green Driving, and improving comfort and convenience with telematics and infotainment in Connected Driving. Similarly, ST’s offering for Smart Cities and Homes addresses energy efficiency along the entire power lifecycle through high-efficiency power supplies and energy-management technologies, smart (LED) lighting, and home automation. ST also provides all the building blocks for applications that make up the vast universe of Smart Things in our homes, offices, streets, and cars.
In particular, at electronica India 2016 ST is planning demonstrations that include:
- A USB Type-C and Power Delivery evaluation board;
- STM32F4 32-bit microcontrollers that enable voice recognition and sensor fusion;
- STM32L0 MCU sensor node with LoRa wireless Low-Power Wide Area Network (LPWAN) connectivity for long-distance IoT (Internet of Things) objects communication;
- Rich-touch GFX graphics on the STM32F7 evaluation kit and a number of other innovative embedded applications and tools;
- Solutions demonstrating the transfer of sensor data, voice, and software libraries to a smartphone through Bluetooth Low Energy;
- Smart-watch reference design with sensor fusion and associated libraries;
- ST25 NFC/RFID tags used for syncing smart-watch data with an NFC phone and for downloading and installing apps on Smart Home gateways;
- An NFC-enabled smart-lock solution and a programmable LED fan showcasing the ability to upgrade firmware in no-power mode;
- A broad range of components that address motor-drive ICs, low-voltage Power MOS, 32-bit STM32 microcontrollers, and Wi-Fi modules; a 1200V SiC MOSFET; DC-DC bi-directional converters for HEVs; highly efficient dimmable LED drivers with wireless remote control; and cost-optimized 3-phase motor controls;
- And, to highlight its contributions to Smart Driving, a complete module that controls major car-body functions, including exterior/interior lamps, central lock, front and rear wipers, power window controls, Remote Keyless Entry, LIN and high-speed CAN communication; dashboard solutions based on ST’s SPC5 32-bit Power Architecture™ microprocessor platform; processors for car-radio and display, telematics and connectivity (V2X) applications; Active Safety features for Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS); a fully integrated 24-GHz transceiver for automotive radar applications.
The STM32, which is the industry’s most comprehensive platform of 32-bit ARM® Cortex-M microcontroller devices covering mainstream, high-performance, and low-power embedded applications, will be prominently featured on ST’s booth at electronica India 2016. STM32 MCU’s have penetrated into all key IoT including wearables, portable healthcare, smart home, smart energy, and smart transportation. This broad penetration has been facilitated by STM32 users having access to a strong development ecosystem built in cooperation with local software, hardware, and solution providers, design companies, and distributors, supported by innovative business models and complementary value chain.
More information can be found at www.st.com