Lattice Semiconductor’s SiBEAM Technology Enables 4K Wireless Video Transmission in Epson’s Flagship Projector Model with Easy Installation in the Enterprise & Homes
- 4K wireless video transmission using 60 GHz technology for the home theater or enterprise setting.
- No Wi-Fi interference, near zero latency and cinema-quality video.
- Simplifies installation process by reducing cable clutter.
Lattice Semiconductor Corporation, the leading provider of customizable smart connectivity solutions, today announced that its SiBEAM 60GHz wireless technology has been designed into Epson’s PowerLite Home Cinema 5040UBe 3LCD projector, the industry’s first wireless projector with 4K support for the consumer and enterprise markets. Epson’s flagship projector allows consumers to connect a range of home entertainment products that are paired with a transmitter to wirelessly stream 4K and high dynamic range (HDR) content.
Lattice’s SiBEAM technology provides a high bandwidth, wireless audio/video interface compatible with the HDMI standard for in-room applications. As the third generation of Epson’s projectors to incorporate Lattice’s technology, this latest design win underscores Lattice’s long-term partnership with the world’s number 1 projector company.
Key advantages of 60 GHz wireless technology include:
- Visually lossless and near-zero latency 4K ultra-high definition (UHD) video transmission.
- Support for high dynamic range (HDR) visual content.
- Free from 2.4GHz and 5GHz Wi-Fi signal interference.
- Seamless and easy installation process in the home or enterprise environment.
- Supports latest HDCP 2.2 for the secure distribution of content.
“Eliminating the inconvenience of running long wires for high-bandwidth 4K video transmission solves a key consumer pain point,” said Cheng Hwee Chee, senior director of consumer marketing at Lattice Semiconductor. “60 GHz wireless technology delivers a robust, cable-like experience that is free from Wi-Fi interference to enable a seamless, high quality video connectivity solution. This is validated by Epson’s continued integration of our SiBEAM60 GHz technology as a key differentiator for its new line of projectors.”
The Epson PowerLiteHome Cinema 5040UBe 4K projector with Lattice’s 60GHz wireless technology is now available worldwide.
For product details, visit:
Or Lattice’s SiBEAM technology, visit:
CEATEC 2016 – Chiba, Japan
Tuesday, October 4-Friday, October 7
Lattice’s latest advancements in smart connectivity solutions will be demonstrated by invitation only inside Lattice’s demo suite at the APA Hotel and Resort (46th floor) in Chiba, Japan.
For editors interested in meeting with Lattice during CEATEC 2016, contact Lattice@racepointglobal.com to schedule a briefing.